Friday, August 29, 2008

Location

My family is originally from Zacatecas, Mexico and I have only been there twice. The last time I went was when I was in 7th grade... I am now 21, you do the math. Some of my family members go every summer or winter vacation. I haven't been able to go because of school /cries.

So I have decided to dedicate this project in honor to Zacatecas, "aye aye aye aye" (worst Mexican cheer attempt ever lol).

My main location will be Zacatecas, followed by popular cities known for their festivities: Fresnillo, Moyahua and Juchipila.

Fresnillo: Known for the year round celebration for the "Child Saint of Atocha." It attracts not only tourists, but consistently brings back those born in Zacatecas for the celebrartion.
Moyahua: Every 5th of July, people worship Saint Santiago with a unique festival. Men dress up as "Tastuanes." This masked character dances around acting drunk for entertainment.
Juchipila: A month long celebration known as the "January Festivals." They begin on Dec.12 (Virgin the Guadalupe's birthday) and conclude at the end of January.

I will think of adjectives later...

3 comments :

  1. LB said...

    Sounds really fun, I want to go :)

    Can't wait to see what adjectives you use.

  2. Anonymous said...

    great research. looking forward to ideas/sketches

    joe

  3. Anonymous said...

    Another fam dedication. like it.
    I'm getting kind of jealous of your blogger skin lol.