Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why Graphic Design?

It wasn't until the college application process that I found out what graphic design was. Where I was raised these kinds of things aren't very well known. I considered myself computer savvy, but I only used very amature softwares. I know it may sound very lame of me but I didn't hear about Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign until I came to CSUN /shame!

Ever since I was little I knew I wanted to be an artist. Although I thought of the career as something I wanted to do, I didn't think it was a serious job, so I dismissed it. I thought of architecture next. It seemed something professional and respectable, but I just couldn't picture myself in such a strict setting. I need to be able to enjoy myself. Later in high school I was always praised on creative projects. That's when I finally decided, fine! I'll give in. I'll do something I enjoy than something corporate LOL.

Errr...
I'm trying really hard to word as to why I am inspired to be a graphic designer, but like I stated in the About Me blog, I'm not very good at verbally getting my ideas through. So I will probably come back and edit this /sigh.

1 comments :

  1. LB said...

    Yay, I'm in your group!

    I did not know you just learned Aobe software when you started at CSUN, You are so good with the programs!